Whenever we go out, we go out with the hope that we will get good food. People often plan camping trips and feel they must compromise on their food. But that is not true at all. You can have fabulous food on your camping trips too. Either cook good food on your camping stoves or choose meals that can be prepared without fire. You may select no-cook meals to make the most out of your camping trip and just have fun outdoors, playing and basking in the sun. You can have some healthy and yummy food without using fire!
If you plan not to use the stove or use less fire to make food on your camping trip, go with all the essentials stocked in your ‘kitchen essentials’ stuff. You cannot go unprepared as the matter is about food, which is an essential part of any trip.
Here are some tips you can keep in mind if you prefer not to cook on your trip:
- You must keep sizeable usable silicone bags to keep your meals or cold salads.
- Keep mason jars to fill the spillable stuff. They are real space savers and can have a good amount of food.
- You must use collapsible silicone cutlery for eating as it will save space and be lighter.
Now let us name some dishes you can have without cooking or using fire.
Dishes for Breakfast
Always plan on starting your day with some nutritious and healthy food. Starting your day right can seriously change many things about the rest of the day. Pair some protein items in your breakfast with carbohydrates to get that filling energy throughout the day. So what can you have? To complete the meal, you can have mixtures of eggs, yogurt, beans, and milk with some oats or whole-grain slices of bread.
- Granola with milk- you can start your day with some granola and milk. Both these food items are tasty and rich in nutrition.
- Bean Toast Bites- you can have some bread with the beans. Open a can of baked beans and serve it with bread. Bread will make your hunger disappear, and beans will balance your nutrition.
- Boiled egg Breakfast Sandwich- you can always put a boiled egg in your bread or croissant and have that as a sandwich. Put some seasoning of your choice and have it with your favorite juice.
- Yogurt Parfaits- take your favorite yogurt pack and dice it with fruits, chia seeds, chopped nuts, muesli, or anything of your choice. Yogurt parfaits are easy and quick to make and fulfill all the nutritional value.
- Overnight oatmeal- always carry oatmeal with you on your camping trips. Prepare the oatmeals in the mason jar so you can keep them for a more extended period. Oatmeals are always preferable for breakfast as they are very healthy and easy to digest.
- Cereals- if you have nothing, you will always have the option to have a bowl of cereal with your milk. Cereals are a mediocre source of nutrition, but you can make them healthier by adding fresh fruits, nuts, and toppings of your choice.
Dishes for Lunch
When you are out on a camping trip, you indulge yourself in those adventurous activities. In between those activities, you will feel hungry. That is when you have your lunch. Your lunch should not be heavy but filling so you can enjoy the rest of your day until dinner. You may directly have the following recipes or do some mix and match as per your taste.
- Sandwich wraps- Grab your tortilla, add some veggies, cheese, hummus, and some seasoning and make a cold tortilla sandwich. You may add any vegetable to your choice, but ensure that the vegetable needs not to be cooked.
- Granola Trail mix- you can mix your bowl of granola with some nuts and fruits to make it tastier, and you can have the mixture for lunch.
- Fresh Fruit salad- you can always have a layered fresh fruit salad with some yogurt in your lunch. Fresh fruits are great for your health and will not affect your digestive tract.
- Beef Jerky- you can take store-packed beef jerky with you. They are ready to eat and can fill you up for the rest of the day.
- Vegetable Sandwiches- you can always have bacon, tomatoes, and lettuce with bread and make it a sandwich. The best part about these vegetables is that they don’t taste bad when cold. It is easy to make and fills your hunger.
- Stacked Crackers- take crackers, spread some peanut butter, and add a piece of salami and cheese. This cracker sandwich will be filling and tasty.
Dishes for Dinner
Dinner is the last meal of your day. It should be comforting and tasty, mostly go for something cooked in your dinner, but if you don’t want to cook anything at all, you can opt-in from the following dishes;
- Taco Bowls- you can make your taco bowls with baked beans. Add the toppings of your choice, like cucumber, mint leaves, chopped tomatoes, onions, and sauces, and season it with olive oil and lemon juice. Taco bowls are going to taste heaven with meat. Try cooking some meat and putting it in your taco bowl.
- Cold Hot dogs- you can also give hot dogs with bread a try for dinner. They are pre-cooked, so they are not unhealthy to eat raw, but it is always advisable to cook your hot dog before eating.
- Salad platter- make a salad platter of your choice, per the vegetables you have. You can add sliced cucumbers, sliced tomatoes, quartered mushrooms, kidney or garbanzo beans, feta squares, and sliced red onion, all topped with dressing and served with pieces of bread.
- Sandwiches- you can try making many types of sandwiches with different kinds of bread and meat for your dinner meal.
You can have tasty food without cooking too! Go prepared with all the stuff you might need on the camping trip, and you are good to go. But remember that try eating one cooked meal of your day as it is healthier and also tastier than the packed foods. Have fun cooking and eating on your next camping trip!